Saturday, March 19, 2011

Update to Aria Review (Froyo)

HTC & AT&T finally updated the HTC Aria to Froyo (Android 2.2). After about 2 weeks of using it my impressions are mixed. They added some eye candy (fading in and out) which unfortunately slowed down the sense UI. I have since turned off the animations so they don't slow anything down. Otherwise however, the phone does seem a little snappier. The update also seems to have fixed the headphone glitches I was experiencing so I don't have to reboot any more to get it to play sound through headphones. I also have not experienced loss of mobile network connectivity (I was sometimes not getting any network connectivity even when it showed '3G' and a good signal). I have not experienced and browser crashes or total phone crashes since the update either - but hey - it's only been 2 weeks. We'll reserve judgment on crashes for 6 months from now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home